[Openicc] Colour management results of GSoC 2011

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Sep 22 01:21:44 PDT 2011

Am 22.09.11, 09:00 +0100 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 22 September 2011 07:58, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
>> The online data base is designed to cover meta data
>> about the device driver calibration status alongside the characterisation
>> information in the belonging ICC profiles.

> Whilst this indeed looks cool, I could only see less than 10 profiles.

The data has just started and clients need still to be developed for
download.

> Is there mean to be some kind of automated submission of profiles from
> calibration clients such as gcm-calibrate? If so, how does the end

It is described in the in the documentation.

btw. calibration is regularily confused. In ICC terms it means the logical
step of driver setup before characterisation and profiling occurs.

> user know what profile to select if there is more than one profile for
> the machine they are using? e.g. for a t61 laptop there would be
> thousands of different profiles.

How would you select the best profile?
A ranking feature would be cool I guess.

regards