[Openicc] Colour management results of GSoC 2011

Sebastian Oliva tian2992 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:58:51 PDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Florian Höch <lists+openicc at hoech.org> wrote:
> Am 22.09.2011 10:21, schrieb Kai-Uwe Behrmann:
>>>
>>> Is there mean to be some kind of automated submission of profiles from
>>> calibration clients such as gcm-calibrate? If so, how does the end
>>
>> It is described in the in the documentation.
>
> I'm looking to implement sharing (ie upload) of profiles via
> icc.opensuse.org in dispcalGUI.
>
> So, how do I get an API key? :)

That got scraped, seems we will base it on the honours system for the
time being :)

>>> user know what profile to select if there is more than one profile for
>>> the machine they are using? e.g. for a t61 laptop there would be
>>> thousands of different profiles.
>>
>> How would you select the best profile?
>> A ranking feature would be cool I guess.
>
> I'm going to have the user enter a description when he/she chooses to share
> a profile in dispcalGUI and pre-fill it as good as possible (from EDID and
> chosen settings).
>
> It would be nice to see descriptions together with the device names after
> selecting the manufacturer on icc.opensuse.org, e.g. "T61, glossy" or "T61,
> matte", as well as the profile creation date.
> Ranking feature hmm, it could be nice when there is a really large number of
> profiles. I think it should show only the 10 or so most recent (and/or high
> ranked) profiles in that case, with the option to browse the complete list.
>
> Btw, search feature seems dysfunctional currently, it only shows results if
> entering a full device name (e.g. searching for "Flatron" gives no results,
> while "LG Flatron L203W" does).
>
> --
> Florian Höch

The version on the server is a previous one, with a few features
lacking, we have contacted the admin of the server for access, but
it's been taking a while for him to answer. I will keep working on the
software so suggestions, critics and advice are appreciated.

Regards,
Sebastian