[Openicc] Scarse Profile Library Warning (resend)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Nov 16 05:19:52 PST 2011

Am 16.11.11, 23:55 +1100 schrieb Graeme Gill:
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>> Some of the
>> shared-color-profiles/Argyll [5] ‘lcms’ generated profiles from the
>> colord author use in parts the colorimetry of Scarse profiles. The later
>> profiles are not included in the Argyll-1.1.0 source package. These
>> profiles are at risk.
>
> I'm not sure what you are talking about. Profiles provided in ArgyllCMS

https://github.com/hughsie/shared-color-profiles/tree/master/profiles/Argyll:
file	AppleRGB.icc 	October 13, 2011 	Tag the colorspace
profiles with
DATA_source=standard [hughsie]
file 	CIE-RGB.icc 	October 13, 2011 	Tag the well-known
colorspace profiles with STANDARD_space [hughsie]
file 	ClayRGB1998.icm 	October 13, 2011 	Tag the well-known
colorspace profiles with STANDARD_space [hughsie]
file 	ColorMatchRGB.icc 	October 13, 2011 	Tag the colorspace
profiles with DATA_source=standard [hughsie]
file 	LICENSE 	December 09, 2009 	Initial checkin of just
the free code, with the ArgyllCMS profiles [hughsie]
file 	Makefile.am 	April 06, 2010 	Add several other RGB colorspaces
generated using Argyll and lcms usi… [hughsie]
file 	NTSC-RGB.icc 	October 13, 2011 	Tag the well-known
colorspace profiles with STANDARD_space [hughsie]
file 	PAL-RGB.icc 	October 13, 2011 	Tag the well-known
colorspace profiles with STANDARD_space [hughsie]
file 	ProPhotoRGB.icc 	October 13, 2011 	Tag the well-known
colorspace profiles with STANDARD_space [hughsie]
file 	README 	December 09, 2009 	Initial checkin of just the free
code, with the ArgyllCMS profiles [hughsie]
file 	SMPTE-C-RGB.icc 	October 13, 2011 	Tag the colorspace
profiles with DATA_source=standard [hughsie]
file 	lab2lab.icm 	April 08, 2011 	Run cd-fix-profiles on all the
profiles so that they have an embedded… [hughsie]
file 	sRGB.icm 	October 13, 2011 	Tag the well-known
colorspace profiles with STANDARD_space [hughsie]

Are these all from Argyll? All are created by lcms.

> have nothing at all to do with the Scarse project. The sRGB and
> AdobeRGB profiles provided in Argyll were created from the
> relevant standards of those two colorspaces, and as far as I
> am aware are compliant with the relevant standards.

No doubt. Therefore I explicitely stated that the profiles in the
shared-color-profiles directory are _not_ from Argyll.

shared-color-profiles/profiles/Argyll/& iccdump sRGB.icm
icc:
Header:
   size         = 7588 bytes
   CMM          = 'lcms'
   Version      = 3.4.0
   Device Class = Display
   Color Space  = RGB
   Conn. Space  = XYZ
   Date, Time   = 6 Jan 2010, 12:47:17
   Platform     = Macintosh
   Flags        = Not Embedded Profile, Use anywhere
   Dev. Mnfctr. = 'lcms'
   Dev. Model   = 0x0
   Dev. Attrbts = Reflective, Glossy
   Rndrng Intnt = Perceptual
   Illuminant   = 0.964203, 1.000000, 0.824905    [Lab 100.000000,
0.000498, -0.000436]
   Creator      = 'lcms'

Personally I find it irritating, that these profiles reside in a directory
named Argyll.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe