[Openicc] Scarse Profile Library Warning (resend)

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Wed Nov 16 05:42:00 PST 2011

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> https://github.com/hughsie/shared-color-profiles/tree/master/profiles/Argyll:

> Are these all from Argyll? All are created by lcms.

That list is not from Argyll. Argyll's profiles are in the Argyll
distributions ref directory, and currently consist of sRGB.icm,
ClayRGB1998.icm and lab2lab.icm.

> No doubt. Therefore I explicitely stated that the profiles in the
> shared-color-profiles directory are _not_ from Argyll.

You stated that they were somehow "at risk". The reference you gave
did not explain what this risk actually is. The mail thread you
referred to talks only about licenses, not about imprecision.
The Normal Koran reference seems to be to a site that is some
years out of date. It is not at all clear what you are talking about.

> Personally I find it irritating, that these profiles reside in a
> directory named Argyll.

Sure, but they are someone personal Git repository, so they can name
it whatever they like.