[Openicc] Colour management results of GSoC 2011

Florian Höch lists+openicc at hoech.org
Wed Nov 23 02:07:32 PST 2011

I've now settled with the non-prefixed "model" to look like (e.g.)

LCD2690WUXi '08, VCGT, 5650K, 109cd/m2, Gamma 2.2, i1 display, 2011-11-16

(hope this isn't too long, I'm willing to drop parts if need be)

The description will be set to the same string initially, but I'm
allowing the user to change it.

Also, I'm giving the user a choice to add the actual display device
properties and settings (from the display device OSD) to the profile
'meta' tag (and also the metadata JSON).

You can see in the attached screenshots how it will be presented in
dispcalGUI.

The keys I'm considering to use are:

display_device.panel.surface
display_device.connection.type
display_device.settings.preset
display_device.settings.brightness
display_device.settings.contrast
display_device.settings.trc.gamma
display_device.settings.blacklevel
display_device.settings.hue
display_device.settings.whitepoint.colortemp
display_device.settings.whitepoint.red
display_device.settings.whitepoint.green
display_device.settings.whitepoint.blue
display_device.settings.saturation
display_device.settings.hue.red
display_device.settings.hue.green
display_device.settings.hue.blue
display_device.settings.hue.cyan
display_device.settings.hue.magenta
display_device.settings.hue.yellow
display_device.settings.offset.red
display_device.settings.offset.green
display_device.settings.offset.blue
display_device.settings.offset.cyan
display_device.settings.offset.magenta
display_device.settings.offset.yellow
display_device.settings.saturation.red
display_device.settings.saturation.green
display_device.settings.saturation.blue
display_device.settings.saturation.cyan
display_device.settings.saturation.magenta
display_device.settings.saturation.yellow

But I'm open for other suggestions too.
Basically all of these are freeform text, so it is possible to enter,
for example, 2.2 or sRGB for gamma, whatever fits best the actual OSD.

At profile creation time, I also add a few other things,
namely:

measurement_device (string as reported by Argyll)
Argyll.profcheck.avg.dE76 (float)
Argyll.profcheck.max.dE76 (float)
Argyll.profcheck.rms.dE76 (float)

I currently use the average dE76 to disallow 'bad' profiles to be
uploaded through dispcalGUI (anything above 1 dE avg).

Am 03.11.2011 01:18, schrieb Kai-Uwe Behrmann:
> Am 01.11.11, 19:03 +0100 schrieb Florian Höch:
>> I'm going to have the user enter a description when he/she chooses to
>> share a profile in dispcalGUI and pre-fill it as good as possible
>> (from EDID and chosen settings).
>>
>> It would be nice to see descriptions together with the device names
>> after selecting the manufacturer on icc.opensuse.org, e.g. "T61,
>> glossy" or "T61, matte", as well as the profile creation date.
>
> The submitted JSON can contain a non prefixed verion of the "model" key.
> You can set the belonging value to whatever shall be displayed to users.
>
> kind regards
> Kai-Uwe

Kind regards
--