[Openicc] CUPS, colord, Oyranos, printer color management

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 11:16:25 PST 2012

On 15 January 2012 16:54, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> The patch, which hacks colord specific hooks into CUPS, was submitted in
> disagreement.

Dude, you disagree with everything I've done with colord because I
didn't use oyranos for reasons I'm not going to outline again. The
patch is not a "hack"; it's been planned, implemented and debugged by
myself and long-time CUPS contributor Tim Waugh. It's been used on
real world users since GNOME 3.0.

You're quite free to learn the CUPS codebase and submit your own CUPS
patch, or even do everything client side. If you don't have colord
installed, then the CUPS patch doesn't actually do anything at all.

> Parts of the OpenICC colour community felt and feel negatively affected by
> sidestepping regular colour profile selection mechanisms.

Then they are free to step up and do something different themselves.
For the entire of my professional career, I've been trying to ignore
people who exude "stop energy" and actually try to write code to fix
real world problems.

As a man greater than I once said: "Talk is cheap. Show me the code."

Richard.