[Openicc] printer, driver, CUPS, PPD, printing GUI, ICC-profiles, colord, Oyranos, taxi....

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 07:18:40 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 4:09 AM, Michael Sweet wrote:

>> Can you confirm, this mechanism is only useful for PDF/PS?
>> Jpeg, PNG and SVG have no means to mark colours as being
>> in device space?
>
> PNG and SVG are targeted at calibrated color spaces (SVG
> specifically uses sRGB),

Not entirely true :)

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/color.html#ColorProfileElement

You can assign a CMYK or a L*a*b* ICC profile, if you really want to.
Per-channel values will be saved in floats.

Here is how it works in Inkscape: http://bit.ly/ppoPCK

OTOH this isn't a widely used thing, and I'd venture to say that the
vast majority of SVG documents you can come across would be using
sRGB. Think 99,99% or something.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org