[Openicc] printer, driver, CUPS, PPD, printing GUI, ICC-profiles, colord, Oyranos, taxi....

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 06:42:20 PST 2012

linearisation by means of instruments and  fine tuning by means of
profiling tools appears easier than the lengthy manual procedures now
employed to bring up a new printer.

I will make base profiles myself for vendor papers using XY scanning
spectros, and we assume many more profiles will be crowdsourced.
Printing should be decent if not perfect with a paper similar to one
already profiled.

Procedures will be documented.

Edmund