[Openicc] Gutenprint XML media settings written to live PPD

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Feb 5 15:55:18 PST 2012

In my opinion media-settings are user domain, where as a printer description file is system/admin domain. My gut instinct is that they should not co-exist in a single file. I would think there are also potential permissions issues with this, as not any ordinary user would have (or should have) permission to, in effect modify a PPD.

As for a way to share the PPD and settings, I think this could be done with a package concept, like a folder with a particular filename extension. And that folder contains the PPD and also user media-settings.