[Openicc] Minimal X Color Management

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Tue Feb 21 17:28:50 PST 2012

Chris Murphy wrote:
> EDID is a string of data. I'm unconvinced, off hand, that this string is dynamic. For resolution
> information, it doesn't present the currently set resolution but rather all supported
> resolutions.

So it's technically flawed, in not having a set of color information for each color
mode, ie. an EDID specification problem ?

Or it's outside the scope - maybe EDID has/should have the native display
color data only, and there is some other means of interrogating the displays
current color behaviour ?