[Openicc] Extra metadata keys for review

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon May 7 14:39:06 PDT 2012

On May 6, 2012, at 1:45 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:

> STANDARD_space		A standard space, where "srgb" -> sRGB; "adobe-rgb" ->
> AdobeRGB; "prophoto-rgb" -> ProPhotoRGB

ProPhotoRGB is actually a renamed version of ROMM RGB. So it makes me wonder if that should be used as the base, with ProPhoto RGB as the alias, if aliasing can be supported.

Likewise sRGB is derived from ITU-R BT.709 (or Rec. 709).

Likewise "adobe rgb" does not exist, it's specifically "Adobe RGB (1998)" and for that matter I'd quibble with wikipedia for calling it "Adobe RGB color space" which is not strictly correct either.