[Openicc] Gutenprint team requests CM-off for a print queue be provided as a maintained engineering facility.

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu May 10 02:00:07 PDT 2012

Am 10.05.12, 09:46 +0100 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 10 May 2012 09:19, edmund ronald <edmundronald at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  however there are cases when we specifically *need*
>> some engineering tools to be provided, and this such a case.
>
> colord provides a DBus API method call called ProfilingInhibit() which
> basically says to colord "Don't return any profiles for this device"
> and is active until the application calls ProfilingUninhibit(). Is
> this the kind of thing you're looking for?

That would be a way of implicite CM-off.

In my understanding, The Gutenprint developers ask more of a explicite
switch off. And ideally that would be documented, that print filter
developers know during design of filters and maintainers understand
related bug reports.

(The OutputIntent can be utilised as well as a explicite CM-off, but is
not as flexible as the Gutenprint team requests.)

kind regards
Kai-Uwe