[Openicc] Gutenprint team requests CM-off for a print queue be provided as a maintained engineering facility.

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu May 10 05:26:27 PDT 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 13:17:58 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 10 May 2012 12:33, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> No.  We want an option -- a user-level option, on a par with others such
>> as paper size, media type, and resolution -- to do this.  Not an API
>> that requires application modification.
>
> The GNOME designers want less printing options, not more. An option like:

I've noticed.  That's the basic reason I don't use GNOME (no, not just
printing).  Different strokes for different folks, and all that.  The
color management system isn't supposed to be tied to GNOME that I know
of, anyway.

> [x] Turn off color management
>
> ...would be a complete non-starter. People printing targets are in the
> 0.00001% of our userbase, and I'm not sure we want GUI controls for
> that small number of people. Can't we just document a terminal command
> that would turn off all printer CM completely?

I'll let Edmund comment on that.

MIT VI-3 1987 - Congratulations MIT Engineers men's hoops Final Four!

--Eric Crampton