[Openicc] Gutenprint team requests CM-off for a print queue be provided as a maintained engineering facility.

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 10 05:17:58 PDT 2012

On 10 May 2012 12:33, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> No.  We want an option -- a user-level option, on a par with others such
> as paper size, media type, and resolution -- to do this.  Not an API
> that requires application modification.

The GNOME designers want less printing options, not more. An option like:

[x] Turn off color management

...would be a complete non-starter. People printing targets are in the
0.00001% of our userbase, and I'm not sure we want GUI controls for
that small number of people. Can't we just document a terminal command
that would turn off all printer CM completely?

Richard.