[Openicc] Gutenprint team requests CM-off for a print queue be provided as a maintained engineering facility.

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:48:01 PDT 2012

Mike, Chris, Max,

 Thank you for your remarks.

 What Robert and I are trying to say here is that at this point we
would appreciate  Mike's "treat this as device color"" facility to be
present in distributions for *ourselves*, before even thinking of
users etc. A PPD keyword would be perfectly ok for us, and there is
ZERO chance that a naive use would go into the ppd with a text editor
with root rights.

 At this point this functionality is useful for *us* Gutenprint
engineers, as of now, and in the close future, while we work on the
XML stuff and define tools for creating and verifying ink limits, ink
curves and linearisation, and of course our own profiles. How it gets
exposed at GUI level to mere *users*  is is something which can be
discussed later here, at length.

Edmund