[Openicc] Gutenprint team requests CM-off for a print queue be provided as a maintained engineering facility.

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri May 11 14:23:08 PDT 2012

On May 11, 2012, at 12:48 PM, edmund ronald wrote:

> Mike, Chris, Max,
>
> Thank you for your remarks.
>
> What Robert and I are trying to say here is that at this point we
> would appreciate  Mike's "treat this as device color"" facility to be
> present in distributions for *ourselves*, before even thinking of
> users etc.

What about a CLI that allows you to "treat this as device color" on a per queue basis, that remains resident until explicitly returned to the default state?

This can be used for devices for which there is no PPD.

Can the existing colord ProfilingInhibit() API be levered by a CLI tool to do this per device? Per queue?