[Openicc] Gutenprint mission as Linux moves towards color managed workflows

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun May 13 20:15:52 PDT 2012

Till,

On May 13, 2012, at 5:31 PM, Till Kamppeter wrote:
>> That said, please use a prefixed attribute name for this (e.g. org.linuxfoundation.color-management)...
>
> Mike, is "color-management" the standard option name in upstream CUPS/Mac OS X?

No, there is no such option in Mac OS X, and I REALLY REALLY don't want to see an attribute with that name given that this is just a hack to disable the normal color management stuff that will necessarily need to be different for every color management solution.

Again, use a prefixed attribute name such as "org.linuxfoundation.color-management".  You should also make this a string attribute (not a boolean) to avoid interoperability issues with different versions of CUPS.