[Openicc] [GSoC] KWin color correction project startup

Casian Andrei skeletk13 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 04:37:38 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I am studying at the Polytechnic University of Bucharest (almost
graduated) and have begun working on my GSoC Project: color correction
in KWin.

You can follow the developments at:
- blog: http://skeletdev.wordpress.com
- wiki: http://community.kde.org/KWin/GSoC/Color_Correction
- in the future, repos (probably a kde-runtime clone and a kde-workspace clone)

First stage is to split painting into different passes for each screen
(= output, monitor) inside KWin. I will come up with a review request
soon.
Second stage is to determine what other rendering modifications are
required to achieve color correction, without destabilizing KWin.
Third stage is to develop something like a color server as a kded
module (using Oyranos and libXcm).
Fourth stage is to establish communications between the future KWin
color correction stuff and the color server.

Additional details are available on the wiki. Everything is open to
suggestions and criticism.

I'm usually available on IRC as skelet.

Best regards,
Casian