[Openicc] The OutputIntent and Color Managed Printing

Michael Vrhel michael.vrhel at artifex.com
Mon May 20 10:41:20 PDT 2013

Gerhard,

The Ghent PDF Workgroup uses the term proofing for this problem.  The goal
is to create the document on the real printing device as it was intended to
appear on the output intent pseudo device.     See Section 3.2 in the
document contained at http://www.gwg.org/pdfx-output-intents-white-paper/.
Personally to me, I don't see any difference in the solution to a
retargeting problem and a proofing problem.

Kind Regards,

Michael