[Openicc] cups-filters

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Thu May 15 06:35:46 PDT 2014

Hi Joseph,

did you already have a look into filters of cups-filters and whether
they do correctly with color management?

Also I have today committed a new rastertopdf filter to turn PWG Raster
input into PDF output. This works well if the input file is in Black,
RGB, or CMYK color space with 1 or 8 bits per component color depth. The
resulting PDF is in DeviceGray, DeviceRGB, or DeviceCMYK color space
then. How do I proceed with sGray, sRGB, and Adobe RGB? Simply using
DeviceGray, DeviceRGB gives broken output and is probably wrong in terms
of color management. What is correct here. Also 16 bit color depth with
Black and RGB gives broken output.

   Till