MinGW build findings

Stef Walter stefw at collabora.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 13:26:54 PDT 2011

On 2011-10-25 20:17, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> I attempted to build p11-kit 0.8 for Windows using the MinGW environment
> on Fedora 15. I had to apply two patches in order to get a successful
> build.

Wonderful. Thanks for helping with the windows support. I know it's
incomplete and needs some help to get it finished.

Out of interest, were you able to run the tests 'make check'? One fails
for me, and I haven't had chance to figure out how to fix it.

> p11-kit-0.8-debug.patch
> The debug_init() call needed a rename to _p11_debug_init() to match the
> non-Win32 code.

Ah, yes, good ol #ifdef's strike again :/  Applied, and pushed to git
master.

> p11-kit-0.8-link.patch
> The Makefile for the p11-kit subdirectory was missing a link to "lintl".
> I have gettext (both native and MinGW) packages installed and configure
> saw it, but I had to apply this patch for the link to happen. I'm not an
> autotools expert so someone may have a better solution for this.

Someone else (Dr. Volker Zell) caught this too and had a different patch
for this, which links to the $(LTLIBINTL) environment variable. I've
pushed that patch, since it seems more correct. Does it fix the issue
for you?

> Any comments on my patches are appreciated. My plan is to include
> p11-kit in Fedora's repositories.

Great!

Cheers,

Stef