[packagekit] Status of x86_64 support?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 07:35:06 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 12:28 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> When i install the packages and i running packagekitd as root in a
> console & pkcon resolve yumex in another console.
> Here are the output.
> http://timlau.fedorapeople.org/files/test/packagekit-errors.txt

Hmm, I can't reproduce. I guess this is a x86_64-only problem. Could you
grab me a backtrace of the daemon please? Just run:

sudo gdb ./packagekitd --verbose --backend=yum

If you get "packagekitd: not in executable format: File format not
recognized" then do this instead:

sudo gdb ./.libs/packagekitd --verbose --backend=yum

and then execute "pkcon resolve yumex" in another tab as a user.
When it crashes, please type bt and save that complete output.

I know you probably know all this, but it may help others of the list
that are too shy to shout :-)

Thanks,