[packagekit] yum requirements -- can and cannot remove gimp

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 12:47:08 PST 2007

On 2007-11-07, 13:06 GMT, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> The yum backend can do a remove with depremoval, but it is not
> made available in pkcon because it is to dangerous.
> You will not see a list of what is getting remove, before the removal start.
> I see pkcon as a testing tool for packagekit, not a replacement for
> native package tool.

Well, I did use pkcon, just because it is easier to document it
in news, obviously I tried first with pk-application and
I couldn't do it. Really, if I can remove just packages where
nothing depends on them (and I have no way how to find out what
depends on them) and the rest has to be done with yum (or pirut),
then PK is almost useless, right?

Matěj