[packagekit] Translators

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Oct 12 10:02:37 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 11:54 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> I have added a pt_BR translation, and hope to have french and german
> soon.  I noticed gnome-packagekit doesn't pick up the translator
> credits.  The code to add them is in pk-watch.c and pk-notify.c, but
> something isn't working.  Ideas?  This is way outside of my area of
> expertise :)

On that note, you want to mark elements in the .policy file(s), e.g.
this guy

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=packagekit.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=policy/packagekit.policy

as translatable cf.

http://hal.freedesktop.org/docs/PolicyKit/polkit-conf.html#id2732691

Check out PolicyKit-gnome to see how it's done (line 52-59 of
Makefile.am contains the rules)

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/david/PolicyKit-gnome.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=examples/polkit-gnome-example.policy.in
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/david/PolicyKit-gnome.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=examples/Makefile.am

The requisite i18n toolchain stuff landed in intltool 0.36; you want to
depend on that I think.

As an aside, how are you planning to deal with translations? I have the
same problem with PolicyKit-gnome; my plan is to have a SVN mirror on
GNOME SVN (no way in hell I'm going to be using SVN instead of git,
thank you very much). Or maybe GNOME already supports git repos and the
GNOME translators look there?

      David