[packagekit] Translators

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Oct 12 10:45:18 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 18:17 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 13:02 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 11:54 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> > > I have added a pt_BR translation, and hope to have french and german
> > > soon.  I noticed gnome-packagekit doesn't pick up the translator
> > > credits.  The code to add them is in pk-watch.c and pk-notify.c, but
> > > something isn't working.  Ideas?  This is way outside of my area of
> > > expertise :)
> >
> > On that note, you want to mark elements in the .policy file(s), e.g.
> > this guy
>
> Ick... I really wanted to not have gettext in the dameon, and do all
> translation in the client, I guess I have to bite the bullet on this.

That's understandable, but you don't need gettext; the way it works it
that it simply just merges things into the .policy file. So when the
dialog is shown what happens is that

 /usr/libexec/polkit-gnome-manager

uses libpolkit to read the .policy file and extract the proper
translation. No i18n gunk is needed in any of your code.

      David