[packagekit] Updates with no "Apply" button in the update-viewer

Ken VanDine ken at vandine.org
Mon Oct 15 10:39:56 PDT 2007

Hummm... so starting pk-update-viewer again shows the apply button.
The difference here is PK already knows there is an update, so hitting
refresh again doesn't hide the apply button.  I suspect we detect if
there are updates when the window opens, and not again.  I guess after
refreshing we should update the state of the buttons too.

--Ken

On 10/15/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 13:16 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> > With my latest build, after hitting "Refresh" in pk-update-viewer, it
> > finds updates but doesn't give me a "Apply" button.  See screenshot.
>
> Hmm, oddball. The only time we _hide_ the button is where we have no
> updates:
>
>         packages = pk_client_get_package_buffer (client);
>         if (packages->len == 0) {
>                 /* if no updates then hide apply and add this to the box */
>                 widget = glade_xml_get_widget (glade_xml, "button_apply");
>                 gtk_widget_hide (widget);
>
> Can you post the output of "pk-update-viewer --verbose" please. Thanks
> dude.
>
> Richard.

Ken VanDine
http://ken.vandine.org