[packagekit] Installing and removing packages always failes

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 15:30:15 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 18:26 -0700, Andreas wrote:
> I hope I can implement some of the new functions this weekend.
> So here's my problem:

Okay, I've abstracted out the policykit bits for other architectures to
plug in other security frameworks, e.g. RBAC.

There's also a "dummy" security module that lets any user do anything.
This is a compile time setting, so there's no security risk.

If you do ./configure --with-security-framework=dummy then you can test
PackageKit without PolicyKit. Andreas, you can use that.

Do not ship PackageKit with this option. If anyone builds rps or debs
with this option enabled then I will make them rewrite dbus-daemon in
perl.

Code is in the devel server, but not public yet.