[packagekit] Status of x86_64 support?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 08:48:32 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 17:31 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Trying 0.1.1 on Fedora/Rawhide x86_64 and it is strange.

I don't think anyone has ever tried PackageKit on x86_64...

>  It
> actually looks like doing nothing Trying 0.1.1 on Fedora/Rawhide
> x86_64 and it is strange. It actually looks like doing nothing.
> This is the output of trying to get updates (should it show what
> packages will be eventually updated?):

It looks like the daemon is crashing...

> Is it just immaturity of PK which doesn't work on x86_64 or there
> is something screwed up with my build or I am doing something
> stupid?

Nope. Can you please:

su -l
killall packagekitd
/usr/sbin/packagekitd --verbose --backend=yum

and then do "pkcon get updates" in another terminal tab. If the daemon
crashes, an output log would be great. Grab me on IRC in a few minutes
if that's easier.