[packagekit] restarting services

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Oct 30 14:08:40 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 19:22 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Do any of the backends need to restart services as part of the update
> process? We should do all this post-transaction and I want to make sure
> we can abstract this nicely.

I think we yum and rpm, it happens in the middle of the transaction as
part of %post for the package in question.

(Also, you might want to use the term 'condrestart' (conditionally
restart) because with 'condrestart' things only get restarted if they're
are running already. Cuz, at least for rpm and/or RH/Fedora, 'restart'
also means 'start' if it's not running already. And you really want to
avoid that when operating on a chroot.)

      David