[packagekit] restarting services

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at pardus.org.tr
Wed Oct 31 07:36:08 PDT 2007

Hi;

30 Eki 2007 Sal tarihinde, Richard Hughes şunları yazmıştı:
> Do any of the backends need to restart services as part of the update
> process? We should do all this post-transaction and I want to make sure
> we can abstract this nicely.
>
> Comments welcome,

For now PiSi don't need this functionality. We have our own configuration
daemon (called COMAR) which handles these and other cases fwith its
registered python scripts for us (for example if you install a python
software say Django, COMAR generates pyc and pyo's after installation phase,
if you install a kernel module it calles update-modules automatically, if a
service updated and if it needs a restart, it will restart it etc.)

But i think its nice to have a restart-service abstraction in PK which maybe
we also can use in future.

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!