[packagekit] pk_backend_finished race issue

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 09:39:23 PDT 2007

On 14/09/2007, Tom Parker <palfrey at tevp.net> wrote:
> Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Did the patch work for you? Please can you test it, and if it works
> > I'll merge it (and convert the other users). Thanks.
>
> I'm very glad you got me to do that, as it's got a couple of nasty bugs.
> First one is fixed by the attached data.patch, which fixes a compile
> error due to the lack of the UpdateData structure.

Umph. I've change the code slightly and now it won't apply. Could you
change this youself when I merge to master please (see below).

> The second, I'm not
> sure how to fix, and it happens every time. See test.log for the full
> log, but the "GThread-ERROR **: file
> /tmp/buildd/glib2.0-2.14.0/gthread/gthread-posix.c: line 385 (): error
> 'Resource deadlock avoided' during 'pthread_join (*(pthread_t*)thread,
> &ignore)'" at the bottom is not a healthy thing.

This sort of thing needs to be added to a test-case and tested in make
check as it's very difficult to get right. I'll have some time on
Sunday to look at this, but until then I'll hold off committing.

Any ideas, shout.