[packagekit] license handling

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 07:08:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 15:58 +0200, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> How do you handle 3rd party repos? They need to handle the situation even if
> you don't in the core distro.

Well, we don't ship any configurations for 3rd party repos, because if
it's not good enough to be in a Red Hat repo, we can't link to it for
legal reasons.

Some of the third party repos require the user to accept a license
before they're handed the rpm containing the yum repo file.  Then once
the package is installed, it still prompts each user the first time they
run it to accept the license.

But finding out your scheduled updates didn't apply because some silly
license prompt on a remote machine just pisses off admins.

--
Jesse Keating