[packagekit] availability of a distribution upgrade

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 10:20:38 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 04:08:20PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 14:06 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Sure, the "it's available!!!" part of the API looks pretty easy to add.
> > I might even sneak this in before 0.3.0, it depends how my weekend goes.
>
> I've changed my mind, an API break right before a release is a disaster
> waiting to happen. I've attached the patch I'll apply after the release.
>
> Is this easy to hook into for zypp? Luke - is this easy to get for yum?
> I guess the code is in preupgrade somewhere.

So, preupgrade keeps track of Fedora releases in a releases.list
file[0].  The preupgrade guys are working with releng at the moment to
try and get this file on the mirrors somewhere.

Now, how PK gets this data, I'm not quite sure... Make yum aware of this
data feels a bit wrong.  We could throw it in the repodata, but that
entails keeping track of all releases in each specific release repo
-- which also feels kind of wrong.

What do you guys think?

luke

[0]: https://fedorahosted.org/preupgrade/browser/dev/data/releases.list