[packagekit] Accept Eula

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 23 23:45:55 PDT 2008

Am Freitag, den 22.08.2008, 11:39 -0700 schrieb
dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br:
> Hi,
> I have a use case that i discussed with
> Adrien and we are not sure how to solve.
>
> You select a big package to install,
> call installPackages(pids), ok this will take a while
> then you decide to install more packages
> but this time installPackages got queued,
> this 2nd installpackages has a package that need
> to accept eula.
> So i think you will only know that when the 1st
> transaction finishes...
> As it will take a while you logout, and login...
> now i have two thing i don't know (just figured out one more :P )
> * the 1st transaction finishes and how do you
> have a popup that has to accept eula?
> (this includes more problems... )

I am planning to send the requires-eula and requires-signature signal
in GetDepends, too.

There are many situations in which it would be nice to have a working
package cache and a second one only for the query/info methods. But for
apt we would then need two different backends.

Cheers