[packagekit] yum2 backend

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 15 05:30:53 PST 2008

I spend some time make the yum2 dbus backend work.

Had to comment out all dbus service methods in the base class
(deamonBackend.py) because it looks like overloading the methods in
yumDBUSBackend.py was not working, so when calling the methods from via
dbus call the stubs in the baseclass, and they are not doing any action.
I have add a call to a self._check_init() in each dbus method, it checks
if Init() has been called and call it if not, it also setup if we want
to use the yum cache or not.

Howto Test it using d-feet:

cd backends/yum2/helpers
sudo ./yumDBUSBackend.py

in another console:
sudo d-feet

unfold 'org.freedesktop.PackageKitYumBackend'
double click on 'GetUpdates()' under 'Methods'
press 'Execute'

You can see the result in the console running yumDBUSBackend.py

Tim