[packagekit] packagekit 0.1.7 -- does it, uh, do anything? :)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 07:54:42 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 10:46 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 10:31:35AM -0500, Robin Norwood wrote:
> > Sorry Matt, this was my fault.  I built 0.1.7-1 wrongly.  Try getting
> > the latest (-2) which 'should work'.
> Much better, clearly. Thanks. I'm now getting messages about "No package
> cache is available: Yum cache is invalid", though, followed by "The action
> did not complete" in pk-application.

Ahh, Robin we need to trigger a cache reload on the first run - just
like we are doing for the yum2 backend.

Matthew, for now do "pkcon refresh-cache" or click refresh cache in the
"Update system" menu item. Then things should work.

> And from the command line, search
> works, but removing a package gives me:
>
> $ pkcon remove calc
> resolve runtime was 0.8 seconds
> The following packages have to be removed:
> 0	calc-stdrc-2.12.2.1-10.fc8
> Okay to remove additional packages? [N/y]
> Cancelled!
> Segmentation fault

Did you type N or something else? could you make sure you have the
debuginfo installed, and then try to replicate under gdb (to get a
backtrace) please? Thanks.