[packagekit] GetDescription API Request

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:28:31 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 00:46 +0100, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> would be nice if the description could include line breaks. I could
> not find the place where there are getting removed.

Well, it might come from the fact that the old spawned backend needed
";" rather than newlines. It might be a good idea to come up with some
trivial markup script to allow embedding of links or bullets.

> Furthermore I would like to specify the language/locale of the
> description as an argument to the GetDescription method. For apt we
> can do all the translation work in the apt backend.

No, I don't think this is a good idea at all - the daemon has to stay
locale independent as we may be using the daemon from multiple user
locales. Are you using gettext for the apt stuff? Can we add this as
offline gettexting?