[packagekit] APT2 Status Update

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 25 17:22:43 PST 2008

Am Dienstag, den 26.02.2008, 01:42 +0100 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 00:57 +0100, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> > I have uploaded some changes to the apt dbus backend: It now supports
> > cache refreshing, updating the system, installing and removing packages.
>
> Excellent!
>
> > Furthermore I introduced a detail search that makes use of Enrico Zini's
> > apt-xapian-index. The search time is now really very impressive.
>
> Have you got any benchmarks? Does the IPC now play a large part in the
> delay?

The results appear immediately in pk-application. Pkcon doesn't seem to
handle milliseconds :)

"search-details runtime was 0.1 seconds" (20 results)

Where the IPC comes into play is perhaps when we transfer all packages
of a group or even the whole repository.

I plan to add some profiling code to the backend.