[packagekit] APT2 Status Update

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 26 00:56:19 PST 2008

Am Dienstag, den 26.02.2008, 01:42 +0100 schrieb Richard Hughes:

> Okay, but see my other mail - we need to specify what "dumber"
> backends should do.

Why not let the backends decide if they support a search string or not?
They could raise an ERROR_SEARCH_MULTIPLE_TERMS_UNSUPPORTED.

Furthermore I would suggest giving a visual feedback in form of a
modified background colour of the text entry or the specific character
instead of a dialog. This is important for search as you type.

Alternatively you could silently filter unwanted characters from the
search string. Take a look at google search.

Cheers,

Sebastian