[packagekit] Using a private DBUS connection instead of system bus

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 09:53:01 PST 2008

Hi,

Another thing that came up in my conversation with David Z. today was
the possibility of using a private DBUS connection instead of the
system bus - at least for the engine - DBUS backend part.  He claims
some performance improvements over using the system bus.  I don't know
if we could do it for the engine <-> UI part though, because (for
instance), we update the icon when stuff started in the UI completes.
Maybe this is possible with a private connection too, though, I'm not
sure.

Anyway, something to consider whenever someone has the time and
inclination for some DBUS fun.  Thoughts?

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.