[packagekit] Listing all packages

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Thu Jan 17 01:06:22 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 12:16 +0800, Tick wrote:

> Hi Hughes,
> ~    Thanks a lot.
> ~    We may then use the following groups:
> ~       Communication
> ~       Programming
> ~       Games
> ~       Maps
> ~       Others / Extra / Miscellaneous  --> Unknown
> ~       Network
> ~       Repos
>
> We believe the term 'unknown' is a bit scary for the average users and
> would like to replace it with 'others' or 'extra' or 'misc'.  Something
> more inviting.

Unknown would just be the name of the enum. Obviously this would be
translated and displayed appropriately in the front end. In our case, we
would call it Miscellaneous.

> Also, I  think the filter *visible* is nice, but might not exactly match
> our needs.
> After reviewing, it looks like there will be few packages that after
> installation, will not be visible on the device.  (such as packages in
> the programming category).
> Is there a better term to describe this?

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the filter is called, as
long as it is obvious it is vendor specific.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/