[packagekit] Auto Installed Packages

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:45:03 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 11:30 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Gentoo's package managers already implement that. It takes a little
> while to do the calculation in pkgcore (~1 minute for ~1000
> packages).
> Seems like a PM-level thing that PK would just provide a frontend for.

Do you mean a CleanupPackages function, or doing it automatically per
package remove?

If it's the latter, it's easy to add a flag to the RemovePackage thing
like I suggested before. What we might want to do is prompt the user if
this is okay, in which case we would need to do something cleverer.

If prompting the user isn't that important (and personally I don't think
it is) then we can use this easily.

Maybe a cleanup packages thing could be something that's done every 30
days or something? It sure makes the problem easier, but makes one more
thing we have to to schedule.