[packagekit] GetRequires and not-installed packages

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:35:20 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 09:44 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> > * Add a filter parameter to the method so we can differentiate between
> > installed and available
>
> +1

Do you think GetDepends needs one also? I think logically we need one,
as:

* if the package is installed then we have (by definition) all the other
depends installed so we don't need the filter.
* if the package is available, then it's pretty obvious we would want to
get the depends for all of the things, both local and not yet installed
- but for different reasons, i.e. what we need to download vs what you
already have.

If no-one shouts, I'll add it to both.