[packagekit] GetRequires and not-installed packages (authors please fix your backends)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:41:49 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 17:35 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 09:44 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> > > * Add a filter parameter to the method so we can differentiate between
> > > installed and available
> >
> > +1
>
> Do you think GetDepends needs one also? I think logically we need one...

I've pushed this change to the master repo.

I think I've changed all the backends so the filter does nothing, but
please could you guys make your backend do the right thing if possible,
i.e. only return installed packages if the "installed" or available
packages if the "~installed" filter is passed to GetRequires and
GetDepends.

If it's easy to do so, it would be good to add support for the other
filters, as then we can filter out ~devel for instance in the
soon-to-be-commissioned "easy" application installer UI.

Thanks lads,