[packagekit] User Interaction needed

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:08:56 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 21:36 +0100, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
> So there is no rollback involved and you end with an incomplete
> transaction.
> Doing a rollback was requested earlier if changing media fails for
> some reason. ;-)

I'm not sure I follow, sorry. If you get a single package that fails,
can you abort the transaction? And another point: should installing
packages ever fail? Surely they are broken packages?

> What is preventing us from emitting a 'please insert DVD2' request
> then ?

The fact that when we are waiting for user input the daemon is blocked
and can't do anything else. I'm just not prepared to stop the
transaction and ask the user to answer a question, and then restart the
daemon, sorry. There's just too much to go wrong with that model.