[packagekit] Apt2 backend

Sebastian Heinlein sebi at glatzor.de
Sun Mar 16 04:08:40 PDT 2008

Quoting mirttex85-pk at yahoo.com.br:

> Hi, after a lot of time trying to start doing something with PK,
> finnaly i have something almost working.
> So I created a list of dependencies to a Debian lenny/sid system,
> i`ll work on qpackagekit, that i`m more familiar than python.
> Accutually my ideas include Kde libs so if nobody make any complain
> i would like to call Kpackgekit.

AFAIK there is already somebody working on a QT/KDE frontend. Take a
look at the archives.

> this is the error that i`m getting, since Sebastian wasn`t on #packagekit:

I prepared packages for Debian, which will hopefully land in
experimental soon:

http://glatzor.de/files/PackageKit/

and for Ubuntu Hardy:

https://launchpad.net/~packagekit/+archive

The development of the apt2 backend now takes place in the
forked-dbus-backend branch.

Cheers,

Sebastian