[packagekit] Reviewing use of internal-error

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 07:45:47 PDT 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:22:19 +0000
Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> Robin, could you please add these also? If you are busy, yell, and
> I'll do them tomorrow.

Sure, but I need someone (Eliot?) to explain what the errors mean so I can include that info in the docs.  Here's my best guesses:

* UpdateError - The package(s) could not be updated
* RepositoryError - A repository could not be accessed
* DowngradeError - The package(s) could not be downgraded
* UpdatePinnedTroveError - No idea what this error means
* DependencyFailure - A dependency could not be resolved (?)
* DepResolutionFailure - Not sure how this is different from the one above
* EraseDepFailure - Not sure how this is different from the two above
* NeededTrovesFailure - No idea what this error means
* InstallPathConflicts - No idea what this error means

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.