[packagekit] A new filter NEWEST?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 03:22:44 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 12:00 +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
> The semantics of "if I was to update, what would I be updated to" are
> different from "the newest".
>
> If you look at a kernel driver for example, taking the newest driver
> might require a kernel update, possibly breaking other drivers.
>
> So I question the value of a 'newest' semantics. Maybe a different
> name (like 'best') is more appropriate.

If you want to change the update description from:

"It should only return the newest update for each installed package."

"It should only return the best update for each installed package."

Then please do so in git and push - it might be useful to give the
kernel driver scenario in the xml too. Thanks.