[packagekit] Question / Suggestion

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri May 30 02:24:43 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 15:48 -0400, dawg wrote:
> In Fedora 8, I used the following lines in /etc/yum/yum-updatesd.conf:
>         # automatically download updates
>         do_download = yes
>         # automatically download deps of updates
>         do_download_deps = yes
> Are these options available for PackageKit (if so, how)? If not, could
> the feature be implemented?

Right, sorry for the delay. At the moment you just can't do that with
PackageKit - it's not in the GUI or API at the moment.

My main question would be: why do you need to use it?

Packagekit is designed around several loose use-cases, so if you can
find a use case for this functionality (other than "it's cool" :-) then
we can start talking about how we can add the functionality to
PackageKit to fulfil the use case.

Thanks,