[packagekit] RFC - easy install/remove

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 18 23:26:41 PST 2008

Peter Nash wrote:
> I just remember something that have let me curious David:
>
> How do Linux Mint and the CNR guys deal with this same problem???
The only way I could imagine to do it correctly would to track usage of
files and libraries as they are loaded, update a db, and use this info
to suggest packages that might no longer be necessary for the user. I
imagine some overhead from that method ;)

The catch for me is: I find myself in the internet desert, and I need to
use that library or application that I never previously used but which
got cleaned out. At this point I'm screwed...

DaveT.